Sunday, July 27, 2008

Module 3 - Legal Issues

Have you used images or words on your webpage or website that contravene Copyright Laws?

The webpage “Internet Basis – HTML Codes for Webpage Design” was created and written by me. The photo of Horseshoe Bay on Magnetic Island included on this page is from my own album.

The only work not totally my own on the page is the ASCII art at the bottom of the page – the original artwork design was copied from Page Tutor.Com. However as this was part of the tutorial and it was indicated that we could copy it to our own page. After copying it across I made minor changes to the text in the sign and the hairstyle. If any part of my webpage were to come under Copyright Law scrutiny it would be here, but I feel that authority was given by the author of the tutorial that it could be copied.

Would you be in breach of Copyright if you put the Curtin logo at the top of your webpage for an assignment?

If I put the logo on my webpage without first asking permission then, yes, I would be in breach of Copyright Laws.

Curtin’s Quick Guide to Copyright explains that to use the Curtin Logo, permission must be asked for in writing (an email is sufficient), that I must abide by any conditions imposed and, I must state that permission has been granted allowing me to use the logo.

No comments: